Thursday, August 27, 2009

We've been here one full month!


Welcome back to our blog! We will explain these photos, and tell you about our first month! This photo was taken on a hike. We were driving to a place with this unbelievably almost undrivable road, when we turned the corner and there were these cows in the road and they wouldn't move. Joe, our brave cow swisher, got out and moved them!!!

This is a photo from La Playa en Esterillos Este. If you look carefully, you can see Alexander, Joe and Natasha jumping in the waves. The waves were crazy and so much fun!
This was taken on our hike, see first pic. It is so green, and beautiful here!
Lori, in a hammock, at the beach. Yeah!
Please turn your head sideways, cause I have no clue how to turn this pic, but this is Natasha at La Paz Waterfalls.

Joe: Our month here has been an incredible adventure exploring ourselves and exploring Costa Rica. I feel like we have all grown a lot closer to each other, and have stretched ourselves in so many ways. For me it has been a great feeling to set up an office and work in a foreign country in a way that is transparent to my clients. It has been great to continue my Zen practice with a local temple 20 minutes from our house in the cloud forest outside of San Jose as well as to keep working with my teacher in Denver via Skype, the phone and email. It has been great to let go of contact sports for now and let my body heal. Now that we have joined a health club we have been participating in a spinning class and a Tae Bo class. I am so happy to be learning and practicing Spanish. I have a teacher who gives me lots of homework! It has been great to jetison all of the certainties of the wonderful life I led at home in Colorado and find myself having to figure out everything again in a different culture and language and climate. I have just loved the tremendous amount of time that Lori and I have had together since landing a month ago. I cannot remember the last time we were able to spend this much time together. It has been an unexpected gift for both of us. Both Alexander and Natasha have actually thanked us for bringing them down here which is another surprise gift that has been very gratifying. I am so proud of our family and so excited about the adventure that our life has become.

Natasha: I really like being here. I like how we don't know what's going to happen. It feels good to have adventure in my life instead of the same old thing everyday. I still miss home, but it feels good to have something different. Mom and dad were right, we needed a change and I didn't believe them. It's not like we are staying here forever, so I know that I'm going home eventually and everything will be recognizable and familiar again. I skype with Gill and Luke and Joe and lots of friends a lot, so it makes me feel good that they are ok and that they are still there. I thought that moving here was the worst thing that was going to happen to me ever, but it's actually one of the best things. Making friends here is really hard, I never knew that it was going to be so hard. I always thought that being a new kid at NES was easy, cause they were always swarmed, but now, it's all different. Now I know how everyone who has come to our school has felt. It's just not as easy as I thought it was going to be. PEACE!!!

Alexander: at first it was really hard to be here because i didnt have any friends and i was in an unknown place. the scariest day was the first day of school. i was really afraid that i wasnt gonna have any friends. after the first 5 minutes i made some friends and i felt comfortable. since then i have been having a better and better time and now i am loving it here. we have a membership at a really awesome country club we have a weight room in our house and i have made really awesome friends. also i am hanging out with them on most weekends(the other weekends we go on family trips!!!!). its really awesome temp here too so i like it a lot. this weekend i am going to a party at a huge wearhouse with my friends im soo excited!! well after all thew excitment and nervousnes i have felt over moving to costa rica i am finally feeling really happy and grateful that we moved here. thanks mom and dad! Byeee


Lori: to be continued.....

3 comments:

  1. This is incredible! Thank you so much for posting all these photos and stories. You guys are awesome and it's making me a little va klempt to see Natasha and Alexander enjoying so much so soon!
    I will enjoy vicariously your wonderful adventure!
    Nedfest is this weekend so it's crowded here, but the music is good and it hasn't rained yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a joy to read your blog. gives a whole different perspective. great adventures! can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was Natasha feeling water droplets in the waterfall photo? Lots of orbs or reflections from water droplets...

    ReplyDelete