Saturday, April 17, 2010

The McWilliams and friend visit

Spring break came and we had big plans!
Our friends Doug and Janie and Canyon and Darryl came to visit. I planned a great trip to two new places for us, and one repeat! These photos are in Monteverde, which was originally a Quaker community. It is so beautiful and green. It is hard to get there, the only ways into Monteverde are on very bumpy, dirt roads. Long ones! But so pretty.

This is us, minus Darryl at the restaurant in Monteverde. We spent two days there, seeing all sorts of animals, going on hanging bridges and zip lining. It was a blast!

I put these two rainforest photos in cause they are so beautiful and because I always think that I am not that much shorter than Joe, but I guess I am!



Natasha looking through one of the hanging bridges. There were 11 of them I think. They are so cool, you get to walk through the rainforest, and over a lot of it. So awesome, and tranquil.

There was a very cool Butterfly Pavillion in Monteverde, this is one of the butterflies there, having snack. Beautiful.

Then we drove to La Fortuna and went to those amazing hotsprings at Tabacon again. This is when Doug, Canyon and Natasha were waiting to go eat!

After La Fortuna, we drove a pretty far way to a new beach for us, called Playa Samara, on the Nicoya Pennisula. We had heard that it was awesome and it was. Alexander was being carried by Darryl to the beach, cause the road was hot and he had left his shoes in the room.

This is me, with La Roca Bruja, (Witch Rock) behind me. Doesn't it just call you to swim out to it? We all either swam or boated out there, it is about 1.5 kms from where I was standing. Alexander and I swam it 4 times, once a day! Super salty and therefore boyant. It was the beginning of all of us swimming a lot now. We loved it.

Doug and Janie walked or ran on the beach every morning, and looked for birds. I don't know many birds, but Janie saw a lot that she hadn't ever seen before.

A guy who offered horse rides came to our beach in the morning, with two 20 day old foals! Natash wasn't there, so I took a bunch of photos of it. So cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment